Senior Compliance Consultant and Instructor
Vice President of Operations
Joseph DeMarco has over thirty years of diverse experience in environmental and safety management, training and engineering. He has conducted EHS compliance audits for major international chemical companies and consortiums throughout the United States. He has extensive experience in developing EHS programs and IH sampling programs.
When it comes to training, Mr. DeMarco is a leader in the field of occupational safety and health instruction. He is an authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer (for the 10 hour and 30 hour course), and a Board Certified Trainer in Occupational Safety and Health and All Hazards Emergency Response through NESTHA, which is accreditation under the US Council of Engineering and Scientific Specialty Boards (CESB). Since 1993, Mr. DeMarco has provided extensive HAZWOPER training, and has facilitated numerous HAZMAT drills for a diverse client base. He has also recently been asked to serve as the lead HAZWOPER instructor for the Delaware Valley Safety Council.
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
- Safety and Industrial Hygiene Management Programs; Emergency Response Plans
- Regulatory Compliance Audits
- Process Safety Management
- Regulatory Training
- HAZMAT/ HAZWOPER Management and Training
Conducted facility compliance audits to determine compliance with applicable federal and state regulations, corporate standards and best management practices.
* Auditor and Instructor for the New Jersey State Safety Council
* Conducted detailed PSM safety reviews and developed policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the various technical elements of the PSM standard.
* Conducted industrial hygiene monitoring for airborne contaminants, industrial noise, radiation, ventilation, and confined space entry.
* Directed multi-discipline team as Project Leader for the start-up of a hazardous waste treatment, storage and disposal facility. Responsibilities included regulatory permitting, public relations, technical guidance, and operator process training.
* Prepared numerous permit documents and report submittals for large chemical manufacturing facilities.
* Developed and presented numerous environmental, health and safety training programs. These programs include Fall Protection, HAZWOPER, RCRA, Hazard Communication, Confined Space Entry, Forklifts, Abrasive Machinery, Electrical Safety and Accident Investigation.
* Prepared numerous safety and health policies and procedures. These programs include fire brigade management, confined space entry, respiratory protection, hot work operations, emergency response procedures and construction contractor safety orientation.
Bachelor of Science, Industrial Technology, Glassboro State College, 1984
CERTIFICATIONS and AFFILIATIONS
OSHA Authorized Instructor: OSHA Outreach Program for Construction, 10 hour or 30 hour programs, since 2003
Certified Environmental, Safety and Health Trainer, specializing in the field of Occupational Safety & Health, NESHTA. – October, 1994, Certification # 94-200
South Jersey Industrial Safety Council
National Environmental Training Association